Useful Links and Suppliers
The following suppliers stock 1mm and 2mm greyboard, ideal for Scalescenes kits:
Enhance your Scalescenes kits with these suppliers
Brassmasters supply a range of finescale etched brass windows and detailing elements that will take your models to the next level. A usage and installation guide is also available here.
Black Cat Technology produce a range of handy LED lighting systems including custom OO and N 'drop in' strips for our FREE Inspection Pit kit:
Model Railway Structures have a growing range of compatible detailing parts, the chimney pot sets look great and are a breeze to install:
Card modelling inspiration
Chris Heath's superb card construction blog. Chris has built many Scalescenes kits to a very high standard, well worth a visit:
This inspiring e-book is full of wonderful model making using Scalescenes products:
Gavin Dewar's N scale shunting layout is a great example of how to combine Scalescenes kits effectively.
Modelling Structures in Card
Peter Verheyen's very informative guide to using card structures in model railways.
Micro Layouts by Mike
Mike Lynch's dioramas are inspirational, superb card modelling.
- Phil's Workbench Phil Parker's very interesting blog. Phil also writes excellent features for Hornby Magazine and Model Boats magazine.
- George Dent Model Maker The inspiring and very informative blog of George Dent, resident model maker and feature writer for Model Rail Magazine.
- Starting on the Right Track A great DVD for beginners and those returning to the hobby, highly recommended.
- Express Models Everything you need to light up you layout, locos and coaches!
- Redgate Models Triang/Hornby service, restoration and sales.
- CR Signals An excellent range of N gauge lighting, signals and accessories.
- Transport Models A photo site for and by model enthusiasts, all subjects and contributions welcome!